The Tom Fleming Centre
Welcome to the Tom Fleming Centre for Performing Arts - Edinburgh's Premier Venue for Hire
Looking for a remarkable venue in central Edinburgh to host your rehearsals, performances, social functions, conferences, and more? Look no further than The Tom Fleming Centre for Performing Arts. The Tom Fleming Centre is located inside the iconic building of one of Edinburgh’s top independent schools, Stewart's Melville College, designed by renowned Edinburgh architect David Rhind, in a Neo-Jacobethan style. It is open for use by the schools, the local community, and the professional arts scene in Edinburgh.
Key Features of The Tom Fleming Centre:
Our spacious auditorium can accommodate audiences of up to 581 people, offering a wide variety of seating configurations to suit your needs. With adaptable seating, staging and drapes, we ensure maximum flexibility for your event. Whether you prefer a concert-style setting, an intimate recital on three sides or Blackbox theatre arrangement, our venue can support it all.
Need additional breakout areas or separate spaces? Our venue offers acoustic partitions to create three distinct areas, allowing for concurrent events or different setups tailored to your requirements. The centre of The Tom Fleming Centre can offer a capacity of 350 seated and, in addition, our two galleries provide a capacity of 60 for presentations, workshops, meetings, or as a complementary space to the main auditorium,. Each gallery can also comfortably seat 100 when set up as a seating bank.
Enjoy access to comprehensive production, sound, lighting, and audio-visual facilities, ensuring your event runs smoothly and professionally and enhancing the quality and impact of your performances and presentations.
Expert Staff Support
Our experienced and accommodating staff are always on hand to offer help and advice, ensuring your event is a success. Whether you need assistance with technical aspects, event planning, or logistical arrangements, our team will provide the support you need throughout the process.
Indulge in our full on-site catering services, providing delicious food and beverages tailored to your event. From light refreshments to elaborate banquets, our culinary team will create a dining experience that complements your occasion.
Additional Breakout Rooms
In addition to our main spaces, we offer additional breakout rooms that can accommodate smaller groups or serve as meeting spaces, enhancing the versatility of our venue for a wide range of events.
Community Arts Fund Subsidies
We understand the importance of promoting arts and culture in the community. That's why we offer Community Arts Fund subsidies, making our venue more accessible and affordable for local artists and organizations.
Why should you book The Tom Fleming Centre?
- The auditorium can support audiences of up to 581 in a wide variety of configurations
- Seating, staging, and drapes can all be used to extend the flexibility of the venue and most styles of presentation can be supported, from concert and recital on three sides, to more traditional proscenium and studio theatre configurations
- Acoustic partitions are available to create 3 spaces
- The two galleries have a capacity of 60 that can be used for presentation, teaching and meetings, or as a complementary space to the main auditorium, which in this different layout can accommodate 100 per gallery comfortably
- Comprehensive production, sound, lighting and audio-visual facilities
- Experienced and enthusiastic staff are on hand to offer help and advice when it is required
- Full on-site catering available
Take a look at our 360 image of The Tom Fleming Centre.
- Galleries are 10m x 7 m
- Stalls are 10 m x 30m
- Blackbox theatre stage is 80sqm 10m x 8m and the seating capacity in this layout is 240
Experience The Tom Fleming Centre for Performing Arts, where creativity thrives and unforgettable moments come to life. Find out more below about this incredible venue near to the centre of Edinburgh.